There can be different reasons why your Google Search Console can't connect to Ryte. Let's go through the steps together to rule out one problem after another 😁💪
Step 1 - Cookies disabled?
In order to connect to your Search Console, third-party cookies must be enabled in your browser. We use a cookie to connect your GSC property with Ryte. Therefore, if you encounter the following notification when trying to connect, we ask you to enable your third-party cookies.
In rare cases, plugins can also be the cause of the connection attempt failing. Therefore, we recommend that you disable your plugins for Ryte.com and check your cookie settings in your browser.
Here, you will find all the instructions on how to enable cookies 🙂
Step 2 - Property Name?
In the next step, please check if the GSC property you want to connect to has the same spelling as your domain name at Ryte. You may be able to choose between Domain Property and Prefix Property.
Important: please pay attention to the exact URL spelling when selecting the prefix property. This depends on the start page URL, which is stored in your project settings. If the prefix property displayed in Easy Connect does not match your actual prefix property (e.g., HTTP instead of HTTPS), please adjust your start page URL. You can find out how to do this here: How do I change the start page URL in my project?
Instead, if the wrong domain has was used for the project setup (e.g., domain.com instead of www.domain.com), please contact our support heroes via your In-Tool-Messenger or firstname.lastname@example.org. To make the troubleshooting as fast as possible, please send us the exact name of your GSC-Property. Alternatively, you can also send us a screenshot of your GSC 🙂
NOTE: If you have already connected your GSC and the property name does not match the stored domain, then unfortunately we have to create a new project. The reason for this is that we store GSC data indefinitely, and this record can only be associated with a single project-domain combination. So in that case the existing connection would already be bound to the wrong domain name, so a new project with correct domain is the only solution.